As far as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is concerned, a long-term plan and strategy are the keys to your digital marketing success. This means that you should know what SEO trends hold relevant up to this day, what the changes are, and what we can expect in the years to come. This is where the concept of local SEO comes into play.
Did you know that 46 percent of searches on Google already have local intent? According to digital marketing experts, this percentage is expected to grow. This means that local SEO will be a robust SEO strategy that should be integrated by every business.
Keep on reading to see what local SEO will look like this upcoming 2020 so that you can align your brand and business.
What remains the same
As far as local SEO results are concerned, the basic concept of relevance, distance, and prominence (RDP) remains relevant up to this day. You should keep these primary factors in mind when developing and sprucing your local SEO strategies. Read on below:
- Relevance: This refers to how well your business listing matches the user’s intent. For instance, if you’re looking for fine dining, Google will come up with a list of local restaurants that are considered fine dining.
- Distance: This refers to how far the searcher is from the business when they perform the search. The closer the business is to the searcher, the higher it will rank.
- Prominence: This refers to the popularity of businesses online and in real life. The more popular something is, the higher it will rank.
What the changes are
While the RDP factors remain the same, some changes in the local SEO scene are becoming gradually apparent and will even be more prevalent the following year. Below are some of these:
- Voice search: It is estimated that about half of all inline searches will be voice-based by 2020. For this reason, long-tail keywords and hyperlocal searches will be more utilized.
- Reviews: Online reviews should not be ignored, even when it comes to SEO ranking. It’s expected that companies with more positive reviews will rank higher in local search results.
- User engagement: User engagement will also play a crucial role in your SEO ranking. The higher your engagement, the more valuable Google will consider your business.
What the biggest changes will be
Now, we’ll take a look at the most significant changes in local SEO this coming 2020. Be on the lookout for the following:
- Demand for better businesses: Google will make changes to its algorithm to favour well-loved local businesses. This means that companies with positive work will not only earn the loyalty of customers but also rank higher online.
- Rise of entity authority: It’s speculated that Google will determine the quality of the authority of a local business based on popularity and engagement. Soon enough, there will be an unstoppable rise of authority entity.
- Impact of voice SEO: It’s undeniable that in previous years, voice search has already made a big impact on local searches. Because of this, voice search will be such a change, and your local SEO strategy must factor this in.
Local SEO will get more robust and improved in 2020, as more and more businesses realize the opportunities it provides. Consider the valuable information regarding local SEO mentioned above so that you can begin integrating these changes early on to benefit your business.
If you are looking to get SEO services for your business in Langley City, BC, get in touch with us to see how we can help.