The new updates to CDAP’s wage subsidy have been posted. The $7,300 wage subsidy is no longer restricted to just students or a singular new employee; The funding now allows for multiple applicants between 18-30 years old!
The Canadian Digital Adoption Plan (CDAP) is a government-funded initiative designed to level the playing field for Canadian small businesses. The plan aims to uncover a business’s strengths and highlight opportunities to stand out in the market and generate more leads, effectively recession-proofing a business. The CDAP’s wage subsidy component specifically provides financial support to businesses that hire young Canadian talent to aid in their digital transformation efforts.
The Opportunity: Growing Your Team with Magnet’s Wage Subsidy
The Longhouse team is thrilled to share the latest developments in the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) that are going to make a big difference for growing businesses. CDAP has expanded its wage subsidy provisions, presenting an exciting opportunity for businesses to accelerate their digital marketing efforts.
Here’s what’s new and exciting:
- Businesses can now hire an array of youth, with each eligible hire qualifying for a $7,300 wage subsidy.
- Eligible candidates are those aged 18-30, who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or refugees with work authorization in Canada.
- Flexibility is key; businesses can offer full-time or part-time roles to suit their operational needs.
- Each youth hire is entitled to one Boost Your Business-funded work placement, ensuring a fair and widespread benefit from the program.
Changes made to the program:
- The requirement for youth to be students or recent graduates has been eliminated, widening the talent pool.
- The previous mandate for a minimum of 450 hours to receive the subsidy is no more, allowing for more adaptable employment arrangements.
- The restriction allowing for only one new hire has been removed.
What does this mean for businesses in the program?
For our clients, this means the ability to scale up their digital marketing teams and implement the digital strategies presented through their CDAP report. It’s also an opportunity to make use of the subsidy to enhance your digital presence and marketing capabilities.
Moreover, if your business has previously hired a youth through this grant, you can build off your investment and grow your team further. Revisit your application to add more digital-savvy youth to your workforce, with the wage subsidy to back you up.
Longhouse Media is dedicated to leveraging these new CDAP enhancements to help our clients thrive in the digital space. We’re here to support your journey and make use of this digital growth opportunity together.
What else can I get from the Canadian Digital Adoption Plan (CDAP)?
The program offers:
- A 12-month implementable action plan to grow your business
- A comprehensive marketing audit of current efforts
- A deep-dive competitor analysis
The grant program also offers $15,000 towards a marketing plan, which includes growth opportunities such as:
- Public Relations (Media, Awards, Podcasts and Partnerships)
- Social Media
- Digital Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Design
- Photo and Video (Content Creation)
- Email Marketing
- Digital tools and AI